Naturenetics Flora Pro-Health Daily Probiotic
Reviewed product: Naturenetics Flora Pro-Health Daily Probiotic
General score: 3/5 stars
Form of presentation: capsules
Serving dimensions: 7mm x 21mm
Recommended dosage: 1 capsule/ day
Packaging content: 60 capsules
Daily cost: $0.66
Viability: through/ at time of manufacturing
CFUs count: 30 billion CFUs
Ingredients: a proprietary blend of 5 probiotic strains, namely Bifidobacterium breve (Bb-03), Bifidobacterium lactis (Bl-04), Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14), Lactobacillus casei (Lc-11), and Lactobacillus plantarum (Lp-115)
Customer satisfaction: guaranteed
Product category: daily usage probiotic
Purchasing: via the manufacturer’s official website
As you can see, Naturenetics Flora Pro-Health Daily Probiotic receives a total score of 3/5 stars in light of both its advantages and drawbacks. This rating thus places it as a slightly above average probiotic supplement.
One of the first positive things about Flora Pro-Health is its simple administration technique. All you have to do is take 1 capsule each day, either before or during a meal, and you’re done! Just be sure never to mix the capsules with warm/ hot liquids or foods because this will most likely kill off the beneficial bacteria and make the entire process pointless in the long run.
In addition, Flora Pro-Health is a very practical dietary enhancer in the sense that it does not require refrigeration: the blister packs representing their packaging format are especially designed to keep the capsules from retaining moisture and oxygen, two elements which otherwise drastically reduce the probiotics’ potency over time. As a result, you can easily carry around or even travel with Flora Pro-Health and not damage its beneficial properties in any manner.
Another benefit of having Flora Pro-Health as your daily usage probiotic is its overall composition. As such, the capsule composition is vegetarian, vegan, free of any artificial colours and/ or flavours. This means that you can include this enhancer into a variety of lifestyles, at the same time benefitting from a wholesome effect on your digestion and immunity alike. The lack of additional ingredients is very welcomed because it keeps the probiotic blend very organic and easy to absorb by the body in an effective manner.
In this same sense, Flora Pro-Health is a very allergen-friendly probiotic supplement because it does not contain any of the major allergens such as soybeans, nuts or tree nuts, shellfish or fish, lactose, milk, wheat, egg or gluten. This is a very big plus for this product because not only can it be used by a wider spectrum of potential buyers, but it also shows the manufacturer’s concern for making the supplement as health-oriented as possible under modern processing conditions.
So, if it is this good, why does Flora Pro-Health receive only an above average rating? Well, the first drawback to this product would be its highly potent microorganism count. While it might seem like a good idea to have as many probiotic colonies inside your gut as possible, you should also know that going overboard with the external supplementation can result in internal imbalances and irregular bowel motility. In general, a person’s gastrointestinal tract can pack anything between 1 billion and 100 billion CFUs (colony-forming units) on a day-today basis, so a supplementary dosage of 30 billion CFUs might be a bit too strong for regular administration (especially if you have a sensitive stomach). Painful side effects of this probiotic ‘clash’ include gas, bloating, visceral pain and discomfort, nausea, reduced ability to perform otherwise routine actions, etc.
Moreover, the probiotic blend of Flora Pro-Health contains Lactobacillus casei, a strand ‘famous’ for its distinctly aggressive manner of acquiring food inside the gut. While otherwise a beneficial microorganism in its own right, Lactobacillus casei has been shown to be quite competitive inside the intestines, which means that it can actually cause some of the unwanted side effects mentioned above the moment when such colonies start dominating the other types. As a consequence, Flora Pro-Health is not safe to use by children, alongside those with particularly sensitive gastrointestinal systems.
On a general level, Flora Pro-Health scores a 3/5 stars rating owing to its simple administration regime, good probiotic stability, and allergen-friendly formula, but remains just an above average supplement because it is exceedingly potent for a daily usage probiotic, unfit for children, and it contains a slightly problematic probiotic strain (Lactobacillus casei).
- Bifidobacterium breve – is one of the 32 members of the Bifidobacterium family which naturally occurs in the human organism beginning with the first years of infancy. In fact, Bifidobacterium breve colonies predominate the gastrointestinal tract of babies, especially if they are being breastfed by their mothers. The issue is that these beneficial microorganisms gradually decrease in number as we grow older, with external supplementation being ideal in recovering all the digestive and immune advantages brought about by Bifidobacterium breve in the first place. Among these we can include better lactose tolerance (by breaking down the tough milk sugars during the food decomposition process), enhanced antimicrobial and pathogen screenings (for instance, preventing the overgrowth of various fungi in the vaginal system), and better mood regulation.
- Bifidobacterium lactis – constitutes a beneficial microorganism predominantly found in the large intestine. It is also known as Bifidobacterium animalis, having been used by countless dairy manufacturers as both a starter culture and active fermentative component. By producing various acids and reducing the pH levels of the intestinal system, this sort of probiotic organism can actively combat the development and overgrowth of numerous harmful pathogens. This translates into heightened immunity readings and fewer instances of health problems in the first place. Of course, Bifidobacterium lactis contributes to digestive wellbeing by improving lactose tolerance, boosting nutrient assimilation at the level of the gut (for example, that of B-complex vitamins), and reducing abdominal discomfort in the form of gas and/ or bloating. Moreover, this ‘friendly’ bacterium has also been proven to be a very efficient anti-carcinogen by eliminating the organisms which transform nitrates into nitrites.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus – undoubtedly one of the most popular probiotic strains of nowadays, Lactobacillus acidophilus represents an ‘acid-loving’ microorganism that has the chief ability to break down milk sugars into lactic acid. As a result, it improves lactose tolerance and regulates food decomposition patterns, which ultimately leads to meliorated bowel motility and even better weight control in time. Lactobacillus acidophilus is highly resistant to pH, acid, and bile variations, meaning that it can sustain beneficial colonies for prolonged periods of time inside the gut. Consequently, this probiotic will ensure significantly shortened diarrhea episodes, improved IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) management, and enhanced screening against harmful pathogens like Salmonella typhimurium and Campylobacter jejuni.
- Lactobacillus casei – as a member of the Lactobacillus family, this probiotic exhibits a great resistance to a wide spectrum of temperature and pH changes, a quality which makes it ideal both as a starter culture in numerous dairy products and as a health-enabler inside the organism. One distinct feature of Lactobacillus casei is its competitiveness inside the gut, where it strives to control pathogen overgrowths and decompose foods at an accelerated rhythm. The result is fewer Clostridium difficile infections, shortened episodes of antibiotic-associated diarrhea, reduced instances of intestinal permeability, and an overall better antimicrobial effect at the level of the gut.
- Lactobacillus plantarum – is a ‘good’ microorganism present all throughout the gastrointestinal system, from the oral cavity (saliva) to the stomach and enteric environment alike. As a versatile and strong subtype of probiotics, Lactobacillus plantarum can act as a natural antimicrobial inside the body by keeping pathogen colonies under control and preventing their overgrowth in time. Additionally, this ‘friendly’ bacterium has shown exceptional promise in the treatment of Cryptococcosis, a pathogen with a quick onset in the case of HIV-related infections. Lactobacillus plantarum can also improve IBS management, reduce soy allergenic responses, restore probiotic colonies after prolonged antibiotic treatments, and eliminate yeast infections inside the body.
As previously mentioned, Flora Pro-Health is a very allergen-friendly probiotic supplement because it is free of any major allergens such as fish, shellfish, soy, eggs, lactose, nuts, tree nuts, wheat, milk, and gluten. Needless to say, this is a big plus to the product’s overall quality because it means it can be used by a large number of people, regardless of their allergenic sensitivities.
Flora Pro-Health is also based on a vegetarian/ vegan formula that allows it to be included into a wider variety of lifestyles. It is very important for a good quality probiotic to take into consideration this sort of variety in life choices and allergenic reactions alike, a detail which definitely makes for an overall better product.
You will also be pleased to know that Flora Pro-Health if free of GMOs, as well as not containing any artificial colours or flavours. The only other ingredients in this probiotic are microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable capsule (HPMC, water), l-leucine, and silicon dioxide.
The packaging format of Flora Pro-Health contains 60 capsules at the price of $39.71. As a consequence, each individual serving costs around $0.66 and also represents how much you will have to pay for every day you use this dietary enhancer.
In terms of monetary investments, a good probiotic supplement will set you back around $0.70 on a daily administration basis, so it is a definite perk that Flora Pro-Health hits a bit below that mark. Add to this the 30 billion CFUs potency and you’ll get a pretty substantial deal in terms of the cost-quality ratio in the case of this particular probiotic supplement. Not to mention that one order of Flora Pro-Health – that is, 60 capsules – can last you up to 2 months with regular utilization, which makes it a very practical choice as well.
Unfortunately, Flora Pro-Health does cause a number of unpleasant side effects during the first few days of administration in the form of minor stomach discomfort and abdominal cramping. It is not all that unusual for the first days of probiotic administration to generate such symptoms – after all, you are producing a microflora imbalance inside your gut by introducing new microorganism colonies (even though they are beneficial in the long term). This means that it might take your body a couple of days to adjust to this new bacterial count and only then result in better digestive movement and immune screening.
Another reason for the side effects caused by Flora Pro-Health might be the higher potency of the product: at 30 billion CFUs per capsule, this probiotic enhancer packs quite a heavy ‘punch’ regarding live colonies. This could then translate into a more aggressive action inside the gut –particularly in the case of sensitive stomachs – so be careful when using Flora Pro-Health if this is your situation as well.
A great perk offered by the presently reviewed product is its money-back policy. As such, Naturenetics extends its product guarantee to 1 year (365 days), so you can return your product order in the eventuality of a bad or unsatisfactory experience with it in this timeframe and still receive your investment back in full. Keep in mind though that you will not be refunded for S&H (shipping and handling) costs.
Even so, this is a very good guarantee for Flora Pro-Health because it really allows you to test out this probiotic enhancer at your own pace and decide whether it is the right product for your or not. Many other probiotic manufacturer don’t even offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, so the one offered by Naturenetics is without a doubt one of the best existing such offers on today’s market.
You can buy Naturenetics Flora Pro-Health Daily Probiotic through the manufacturer’s official website.
Naturenetics Flora Pro-Health Daily Probiotic – general view
|Category||Naturenetics Flora Pro-Health Daily Probiotic|
|General rating||3/5 stars|
|Recommended usage||Daily usage probiotic (digestive regularity and immunity boosting)|
|Ingredients||30 billion CFUs, 5 distinct probiotic strains|
|Cost||$39.71 for 60 capsules (2 months’ worth of administration)|
|Side effects||Abdominal discomfort during the first days of usage|
|Manufacturer guarantee(s)||1 year money-back policy (minus S&H costs)|
|Purchasing||Via the manufacturer’s main website|