Reviewed product: Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac
General score: 4.3/5 stars
Form of presentation: granules
Serving dimensions: ¼ tablespoon
Recommended dosage: ¼ tablespoon daily for intensive use or twice a week for maintenance
Packaging content: 30g / 40 servings
Serving cost: $1.20
Viability: until expiration
CFU count: 25 billion
Ingredients: Lactobacillus acidophilus LA-1, Bifidobacterium lactis BL-34 , Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07, Lactobacillus paracasei F-19, Lactobacillus rhamnosus LR-44, Lactoferrin, LactoStim, Cellulose, Silica, Sodium Alginate, Sodium Phosphate.
Customer satisfaction: no guarantees
Product category: dietary supplement for children
Where to buy: Master supplements official website
With an encouraging rating of 4.3 stars out of 5, Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac managed to stir the interest of many parents and even healthcare providers. Not everything about it is great, but only a closer look can reveal if it is really worthy of its reputation.
The first thing to draw attention is the fact that Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac is addressed to children. While most probiotics and immune support supplements from somewhere like Quantum Health are recommended to users over the age of 18, this one can be administrated from as early as 6 months of age, as soon as the food diversification process begins.
This would explain the granular formula recommended to be dissolved in applesauce, yoghurt or other soft foods before administration. It can also be taken with antibiotics, without affecting their efficiency.
The granules of Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac should be folded, not mixed, probably in order to allow the probiotic strains to reach the intestines alive, as promised by the alginate-delivery technology supposed to provide protection against gastric acid.
It is encouraging to know that, after two weeks of daily administration, only two administrations a week are necessary. The possibility to return to the initial dosage is reassuring as well.
What makes Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac stand out among other products is its composition: five probiotic strains, heavily researched and proven helpful in alleviating gastrointestinal problems, and two prebiotics meant to provide the probiotics with the upper hand over harmful intestinal bacteria.
The human origin of the probiotic strains and the fact that they are rated as safe for human consumption by the FDA is a strong benefit, supported by the impressive CFU count: 25 billion per serving.
A surprising but positive detail is the fact that the amount of each bacteria strain in each serving is clearly specified on the product’s label, something not many products can take pride in.
The strains in Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac are guaranteed to stay alive until expiration, on the condition that the product be kept tightly sealed and refrigerated.
This does not make it very easy to use for those who are always on the run, travelling for personal or professional reasons. Although the product is supposed to withstand higher temperatures for a limited time, it is usually shipped in Totally Inert Packaging (the amber bottle is nitrogen flushed and contains packets for moisture absorption).
The label states that Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac does not contain eggs, milk, gluten, soy, wheat, yeast, nuts, seafood, beef products or casein, and this provides peace of mind to any parent, especially to those whose children suffer from allergies.
However, it does contain Lactoferrin, a milk derivate, which is a little confusing, given the previously discussed “no milk” mention. The supplement should not be administrated to children allergic to milk without first consulting their pediatrician.
With the price in the mid range and the maintenance administration period in which the 40 servings can be enough for 20 weeks of use, Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac cannot be considered expensive.
The only inconveniences related to its use would be the granular formula, which makes it a little difficult to administrate. In fact, several parents complain that it is difficult to dissolve and feeding it to small children can be a real challenge.
Then, the need for refrigeration makes it rather difficult to carry around or use while travelling. The label states that it can be kept at environment temperature for short periods, but when the manufacturer did not dare to ship it without special protection measures, the risk seems just too high.
Otherwise, assuming the product works as advertise, the 40 servings in each bottle could cover over two months of use, lowering daily costs to half. If your child no longer needs it or you decide to switch to another product, you can take it yourself. The supplement is said to work for adults as well, so you will not be wasting anything.
Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac Ingredients
This promising probiotic relies on a potent formula that brings together five bacteria strains and two prebiotics. The five bacteria strains are chosen from the most studied and efficient varieties available.
They were proven to work well together and provide important benefits for the human health, ranging from gastrointestinal relief and strengthening of the immune system to cancer prevention. Their action is enhanced by the two prebiotics, one of which is a Master Supplements patented formula.
But let us take a look at each of the Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac ingredients and see what benefits they promise to provide:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus LA-1 (10 billion CFU / serving) – It occurs naturally in the human body and supports intestinal tract health. It is the most present and beneficial bacteria in our small intestines and has the ability to implant itself in the cervix, vagina and urethra walls. It creates a protective wall against harmful bacteria, it breaks down gut sugars and it prevents the proliferation of existing harmful aerobic bacteria. It also inhibits salmonella, E. coli and candida.
- Bifidobacterium lactis BL-34 (10 billion CFU / serving) – This potent transient probiotic is a natural presence in our intestines and colon and a notable presence in the Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac formula. While its role involves breaking down body waste and improving minerals and vitamins absorption, it was also proven to strengthen the immune system, fight tumor growth, improve digestion and lower cholesterol.
- Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07 (3 billion CFU / serving) – Another natural presence in the human gastrointestinal tract, this strain was subject to numerous studies. It has the ability to strengthen the immune system and improve digestion and induce a feeling of well being, especially in the elderly. It works best combined with lactobacillus acidophilus, present in the Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac as well.
- Lactobacillus paracasei F-19 (1 billion CFU / serving) – Heavily studied throughout the last decade, this human probiotic strain was shown to inhibit fat storage and help with weight management, to reduce abdominal cramps and help with various gastrointestinal issues, like bloating, irritable bowel syndrome. It also prevents the negative effect of antibiotics on the gastrointestinal tract and immune system and it helps improve oral health.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus LR-44 (1 billion CFU / serving) – A valuable presence in our microbiome, it helps inhibit harmful bacteria and brings impressive health benefits. According to various studies, it can help alleviate anxiety and depression, help prevent diabetes and weight gain, treat gastrointestinal issues urinary tract infections, inhibit seasonal allergies like hay fever, and improve immunity.
- Lactoferrin – It is the first of the two prebiotics in the Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac formula. This protein is a common presence in human and cow milk, but it is also found in eye, respiratory tract and intestines fluids. It is known to efficiently treat intestinal and stomach ulcers, hepatitis C and diarrhea. It is also an effective antioxidant and provides protection against viral and bacterial infections. Other evidence shows that it strengthens the immune system, prevents aging tissue damage, promotes healthy bacteria, prevents cancer and regulates iron processing.
- Lactostim – It is a patented Master Supplements prebiotic promising to provide an impressive range of benefits. It is said to help rehydrate freeze-dried CFUs, promoting their proliferation and providing nutritional support. It seems to be one of the most efficient probiotic stimulants and enhancers on the market, only a small quantity being required for immediate beneficial results.
- Cellulose – The substance making up most of the vegetal cells walls, it is highly used in many industries, but also a major source of dietary fiber.
- Silica – A necessary nutrient for our health, silica is part of many of the foods we eat and associated with strong bones, shiny hair and soft skin.
- Sodium Alginate – Listed safe by the FDA, it is extracted from brown algae and used in the foods and medicines industry as a gelling agent and emulsifier.
- Sodium Phosphate – It is a salt laxative that prevents and fights constipation by increasing the level of fluids in one’s small intestine.
Since it is recommended to small children, making sure that Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac is allergy-friendly is probably one of your main concerns. Well, there is mostly good news available in this direction.
The manufacturer clearly states that the product does not contain any eggs, milk, wheat, gluten, soy, casein, yeast, nuts, beef products or seafood. This lowers allergy risks considerably.
With the list of ingredients detailed on the label, all you need to do in case you suspect your child could be allergic to any compounds is to consult the pediatrician. The only ingredient likely to pose problems to those with milk allergies is Lactoferrin.
These being said, your child is likely to tolerate the supplement extremely well. To decrease the risks even more, make sure you keep the bottle tightly sealed and refrigerated, and do not exceed the recommended dosage.
Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac Overall Cost
Our children’s health is priceless, so it is difficult to assess how costly a product is. We would pay anything to see our children healthy and well, but that does not mean we can afford everything. More than that, when there are several options available, details like the price begin to matter.
At $1.20 per serving, $47.95 for 40 servings, this product is not the most affordable out there, but it is not pricey either. To make sure it is worth the investment, consult your pediatrician and order it from a reliable source, preferably from the manufacturer’s website.
Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac Side Effects
The manufacturer does not warn of any side-effects, and the ingredients list does not give any reasons for concern other than the allergy potential of Lactoferrin. Looking over the existing buyer reviews, it is easy to notice that most of them recount only positive reactions and no side-effects.
More than that, the product is actually recommended during antibiotic treatments, for its ability to counteract their side-effects, so it can be considered safe. However, if you notice anything out of the ordinary, do not hesitate to consult your child’s pediatrician. As a safety measure, you can actually try it yourself, since it is said to work on adults as well.
Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac Manufacturer Guarantee
The manufacturers of dietary supplements in general and of probiotics in particular no longer provide money back guarantees for their products, and neither do Master Supplements. It may be comforting to know that if the product does not work for your child you can use it yourself.
The lack of guarantees should not come as a surprise, since it is well known that probiotics do not work the same for everyone. The clear and promising ingredients list, the numerous studies supporting the efficiency of the five bacteria strains and the low risk for allergies are the only guarantees you can hope for.
Where to Buy Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac?
To make sure the product is delivered in the best conditions and has been stored according to the manufacturer’s recommendation, your best bet is to buy it directly from the Master Supplements website.
Multi-Strain Probiotic – Master Supplements Children’s Theralac General View
|Category||Master Supplements Theralac|
|General rating||4.3/5 stars|
|Recommended usage||Daily capsules|
|Ingredients||Lactobacillus acidophilus LA-1, Bifidobacterium lactis BL-34 , Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07, Lactobacillus paracasei F-19, Lactobacillus rhamnosus LR-44, Lactoferrin, LactoStim.|
|Allergenic potential||Milk derivate|
|Cost||$47.95 (40 servings)|
|Purchasing||Master Supplements official website|