DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics Review
Reviewed Product: Flora Protect Probiotics
Rating: 4.3/5 stars
Form of presentation: Capsules
Recommended dosage: 2 capsule/day
Packaging Content: 60 capsules
Ingredients: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus salivarius, Streptococcus thermophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium lactis
Where to buy: Click Here
If your gastrointestinal system is no longer able to keep up with the threats of your chaotic lifestyle and disappointing diet, it could use the boost of a probiotic supplement like DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics. If you haven’t considered probiotics yet, now would be a good time to start.
Your body is home to billions of bacteria, good and bad. Your health depends closely on the balance between good and bad bacteria. When this balance tilts in favor of bad bacteria, all you can do to restore it is supplement the good bacteria.
There are many strains of good bacteria, so supplementing all of them would be close to impossible. However, studies show that supplementation with some strains helps the other ones as well. The only trick is finding the effective supplement that contains the right strains and does not bring about other health risks. Let’s see if this one fits the profile!
About DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics
To get a general idea on the effectiveness of a product, it is better to begin from its source, as, in most cases, the reputation and portfolio of the manufacturer say much more than the product label. In this case, everything looks very promising.
The company has close to 15 years on the market, several certifications, and an impressive portfolio of well-rated products. They hold an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and claim to adhere to FDA standards, although they admit that their claims have not been reviewed or approved by the FDA.
However, all their products, including DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics, bear the GMP Quality Assured Seal, meaning that the production process follows the Good Manufacturing Practices. The 60-day, no questions asked guarantee is another valuable argument in favor of this product.
Flora Protect is a promising supplement that relies on 8 probiotic strains, freeze-dried and concentrated in enteric coating capsules, to ensure optimum delivery and resistant to stomach acid and bile salts. The recommended dosage is two capsules daily, to be taken one hour after dinner or before going to bed, with an 8-ounce glass of water.
One serving of DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics provides no less than 8 billion live cultures. Besides adopting the freeze-drying technique and the enteric coating to ensure bacteria viability until the expiration date, the manufacturer also added a prebiotic to the mix.
The fructooligosaccharides in the supplement’s composition should feed the probiotics, and give them the strength they need to settle, spread, and colonize the gastrointestinal tract. Once they settle and begin to multiply, the beneficial bacteria should reinstate the lost balance in the intestinal flora and improve digestion and immunity.
DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics contains 4 Lactobacillus strains (acidophilus, casei, rhamnosus, and salivarius), 3 Bifidobacterium strains (bifidum, longum, and lactis), and 1 streptococcus strain (thermopilus). They were all subject to numerous clinical studies that proved their beneficial effects on human health. This is one of the few supplements on the market that come with clear information as to one serving’s amount or colony forming units for each strain.
It is important to note that this supplement is vegetarian and free of dairy and gluten. In fact, the label clearly states that it does not contain salt, milk, wheat, eggs, or shellfish. It may contain soy protein in trace amounts, probably from the environment the probiotics were grown in, but it shouldn’t be enough to trigger allergic reactions. Also, it seems side effects free.
The official website recommends DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics as part of the ToxinOut and Colonix detoxification programs, together with other products in their portfolio. The company expresses its preference for using natural ingredients in their raw form and keeping processing to a minimum. They also support their health benefit claims with links and details of clinical studies, which shows they did their research and aim for quality and efficiency.
However, no product is perfect, and no company is 100% transparent and committed to ensuring customer satisfaction. There are a few small things we do not like about the company, the DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics presentation, and the customer reviews available on the official website.
To begin with the company, we would have appreciated more information on the professionals involved in the product development process. The name of the company suggests doctors, but we have no names, no titles, no addresses, no photos of the facilities to rely on.
Then, to show how great their probiotic supplement is, they compare it with a so-called “leading probiotic supplement, relying on 1 strain of bifidobacterium, with just 1 billion CFUs, no prebiotics, etc. Perhaps this comparison applied several years ago, when they first released their supplement, but things have changed in the meantime.
We know for a fact that there are supplements with much higher CFU counts than DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics, which contain prebiotics as well, and checks all the other strength of the supplement under discussion, including the information missing in this case, on developers, address, facilities, etc.
Finally, the official website supports the products on sale with customer reviews. They claim all testimonies are genuine, and they can document them. However, they admit to rewarding review authors with a canister of Colonix® fiber, so practically paying them $35.00 to say how great the supplement under discussion is.
This decreases the likelihood that the available reviews be unbiased. However, it is only fair to admit that the Flora Protect has predominantly positive reviews on third party websites as well, reflected in our own rating of it.
DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics Ingredients
The best way to understand how a product works and what benefits it could provide is to look at its ingredients. One serving of Flora Protect contains 2.4 billions of Lactobacillus acidophilus, 1.2 billions of Lactobacillus casei, 1.2 billions of Lactobacillus rhamnosus, 1.2 billions of Lactobacillus salivarius, 800 millions of Streptococcus thermopilus, 400 millions of Bifidobacterium bifidum, 400 millions of Bifidobacterium longum, and 400 millions of Bifidobacterium lactis.
The other ingredients in the supplement, in unspecified quantities, are fructooligosaccharides, cellulose, ascorbic acid, maltodextrin, magnesium stearate, and the famous enteric coating. But let’s take the bacteria strains one by one, and see what role they play in the DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics formula.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus – It is a common inhabitant of the upper gastrointestinal tract and the focus of numerous clinical studies. The numerous health benefits attributed to it convinced supplement companies to include it in their formulas. Among these benefits, the most important seem to be k vitamin and lactase synthesis. It also treats vaginal infections, respiratory conditions, intestinal inflammatory diseases, diarrhea, lactose intolerance, high cholesterol, and even brain disorders.
- Lactobacillus casei – Another notable presence in DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics, it is native to our guts, but commonly found in many fermented foods as well. The studies focusing on it revealed that it can treat digestive and intestinal problems like diarrhea, constipation, infections, and antibiotic side effects.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus – This heavily studied strain seems to bring impressive benefits for immune and vaginal health, and infections with Staphylococcus aureus. It displaces intestinal and urogenital pathogens, preventing their adhesion to the lining of the intestines, vagina, and bladder. It inhibits the growth of harmful yeasts and bacteria, producing acids capable of killing powerful viruses, including HIV.
- Lactobacillus salivarius – Another fundamental element in the composition of DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics, it promises help with several gastrointestinal problems, with antibiotics-induced diarrhea, lactose intolerance, and irritable bowel syndrome among the most important. It also helps regulate cholesterol and blood pressure and protects dental health.
- Streptococcus thermophilus – Although many people associate it with its bad relatives, Streptococcus aureus and Streptococcus pneumoniae, this strain is quite beneficial for human health. It actually inhibits pathogens, treats respiratory infections, boosts immunity, and alleviates bowel irritations and various colon problems, reducing colon cancer risks.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum – Native to the human gastrointestinal tract, this DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics strain plays an important role in K and B vitamin synthesis, therefore preventing deficiency of these vitamins, strengthening the bones, and reducing clotting and bleeding. It also boosts energy levels and carb and protein metabolism, supports the nervous system, and stimulates the production of red cells.
- Bifidobacterium longum – It is one of the most effective and heavily studied strains, involved in the production of lactic acid and in the fermentation of sugar. It relieves constipation, bloating, and gas alleviates stress-induced gastrointestinal discomfort, lowers the risk to develop colon cancer, strengthens the immune system, and soothes irritations.
- Bifidobacterium lactis – The last DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics ingredient is a lactic acid bacterium famous for its ability to fight lactose intolerance, improve digestion, and stimulate immunity. It also helps treat ulcerative colitis and celiac disease and reduces cholesterol. Finally, research suggests this strain improves fiber, sugar, and macronutrient digestion, treats antibiotic-related diarrhea, infections, respiratory conditions, and bowel issues.
DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics Allergy Concerns
You have little to worry about when it comes to allergies while taking this supplement since it is vegetarian, non-GMO, and free of the most common allergens. It contains no dairy, eggs, wheat, or shellfish.
The only danger would be the small traces of soy, but the quantity would be too small to actually induce allergic reactions. Of course, it is your right to consult your doctor as to the safety of this product’s ingredients and follow their lead.
DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics Overall Cost
As you already know by now, quality comes with a price. In this case, the price is in the middle range. The 30-day supply costs $35, taking daily costs to $1.17. It could be a challenge for some budgets, but there are products two times more expensive, with a lower rating than this one.
Considering the excellent reputation of the manufacturer, the consistent 2-month guarantee, and the promising ingredient list, the price should be worth paying. Of course, the final decision is only yours, just don’t forget what is at stake – your health.
DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics Side Effects
Have you heard that most probiotic supplements upset the stomach on the first days of use? Are you worried about developing diarrhea or cramps in response to the capsules? Don’t be! According to the manufacturer and the available buyer reviews, this supplement does not cause any side effects. It will only make you feel healthier and in a better mood.
Considering that dietary supplements are not regulated by the FDA, the manufacturer’s guarantee is the only proof of their safety and efficiency. In this case, you can rest assured, as the guarantee is consistent. You have no less than 2 months to test DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics and decide if it works and it is worth taking as long-term treatment, or you should return it and request a refund.
All you need to do if you decide to return the product is to contact customer service and follow their instructions for returning the empty bottle or remaining capsules. You should receive your money back within 10-15 days.
Where to Buy DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics
As with most supplements, it is better to order this one from its manufacturer, to benefit from the lowest price and the money back guarantee. For example, at the time of this review, the supplement’s price was of $45 on Amazon, and just $35 on the official website.
The Bottom Line about DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics
With the impressive number of probiotic supplements on the market, it may seem difficult to make a choice. However, you shouldn’t have much to think about with this particular product, considering that it scores high points on almost all aspects, from manufacturer reputation, guarantees, and ingredients, to user reviews, side effects, and even price.
Since you can claim a refund if you are disappointed, we encourage you to follow your instincts and try DrNatura Flora Protect Probiotics if they so dictate – it could be your ticket to better immunity and gastrointestinal health.