We all age and we all change. We can do that gracefully though by leading a healthy lifestyle, paying attention to what we eat, exercising regularly, staying hydrated and quitting bad habits like smoking, sleep skipping and other such harmful activities. There are many secrets and tips when it comes to slowing down the aging process. One of them points to the use of probiotics. Let’s find out more about skin health and probiotics.
Aging, wrinkled skin and probiotics
Many people would love to pass for a few years younger than their ID card or driving license says. The cosmetics and skincare industry knows about that and offers all sorts of products that promise to take years of the way our skin looks. Some of the products we find in stores do seem to slow down the aging process a bit. Others don’t come with any significant improvement though. And still, people’s wish to look younger doesn’t stop from keeping them company.
What many people don’t know is that the key to aging gracefully is not in some miracle cream or anti-aging skincare product but it’s their inner ecosystem. The key to youthful energy and a healthy appearance is related to the intestinal microflora, the good bacteria also known as probiotics, that help the body stay strong, healthy and thus, youthful.
Unfortunately, many people damage their inner ecosystem by living a stressful life, having processed foods, consuming drugs and other harmful substances. Not to mention the environmental toxins. With such a cocktail of unhealthy elements, it’s no wonder why health issues occur, one ages more rapidly, skin wrinkles make their entrance sooner that it’s normal, vitality is reduced and so on.
More and more experts and studies talk about the benefits of probiotics in keeping a thriving inner ecosystem and building a youthful vitality. That’s why including probiotics in your diet is a smart step to take. Probiotics means “pro life” and probiotics like lactobacillus, plantarum and bifidis improve one’s immune system, prevent diarrhea, help digestion, secure the mucous covering of the digestive system, help assimilation and provide nutrients needed to build blood. They additionally make B vitamins and vitamin K directly down inside your digestion tract where they are instantly retained. They are the most effective approach to acquire vitamin B-12.
How can probiotics fight against aging
More and more studies focus on the benefits of probiotics. So far, the conclusions they’ve reached talk about the following benefits of using probiotics on a regular basis:
- Probiotics help you stay slim. Good bacteria reduce cravings for alcohol, sugar and carbohydrates. Once these substances no longer enter your system, your weight will and should get closer to the normal one. Studies have found out that obese people have different gut bacteria than people with no weight issues. According to scientists, good bacteria can prevent you from gaining weight.
- Probiotics reduce acne. Our skin says a lot about our health. When one’s body is full of toxins, the skin will show it. There are various acne causes and some study showed that certain acne types may be treated with the help of probiotics. At least one study showed that teenagers consuming probiotics had positive results in treating their acne and blemishes after only 2 weeks of using probiotics.
- Probiotics help in restoring glow to your skin. Many people eat healthily and still have all sorts of deficiencies. This is caused by the imbalance in one’s digestive system. If you don’t have enough good bacteria, you won’t absorb the nutrients you need to function and feel well. Probiotics are great when it comes to keeping your intestinal system healthy and they thus help you process and better absorb the nutrients in your food. That means your skin gets a greater amount of cell reinforcements, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Once they are better assimilated, you skin will get its glow back.
- Probiotics help you clean your liver. Conventional Chinese Medicine shows that the liver influences your skin and eyes. With a perfect liver, you might notice a better looking skin with less liver spots, moles and skin labels. Plus, they also say one’s eyes become more shiny and sparkly when the liver is in good health. Probiotics help you clean your liver and thus enjoy better looking skin and eyes.
- Probiotics improve hair health. Just as we’ve said before, if one’s digestive system is unhealthy and there’s imbalance between good and bad bacteria, the nutrients in the food one has won’t be assimilated. Probiotics help rebalance your microflora and improve your body’s absorption capacity. Good bacteria keep your digestion tract and blood healthy and clean. Since hair follicles are surrounded by blood vessels, it is of utmost importance to keep your blood healthy and clean. Healthy blood nourishes one’s hair, nails and skin.
- Probiotics may prevent wrinkles. The same applies when it comes to one’s skin. If you keep your digestive system healthy, the nutrients your skin needs to look and stay healthy will be better absorbed. Moreover, good bacteria can help in eliminating the toxins and free radicals from your body. This will eliminate one of the causes of damaged skin and early signs of aging.
- Probiotics improve vitality and energy. It’s absolutely normal to feel tired when you body is intoxicated and you don’t assimilate the necessary nutrients to stay healthy. Probiotics help one’s digestive system to function better and thus help in eliminating the toxins from your body. Plus, they boost the immune system. Once toxins are out and you assimilate the nutrients in your food, you will notice a significant improvement in your overall vitality and energy.
Probiotics sources include fermented foods and beverages like Kefir, yoghurt and raw cultured vegetables. One important step to take in leading a healthy life is introducing healthy foods like the ones containing probiotics in your diet. However, keep in mind that this is just a piece of the beauty puzzle. You should also quit bad habits like smoking, drinking and sleep skipping. Plus, make sure you stay hydrated and don’t expose to sun without wearing sunscreen.