Reviewed product: Advanced Probiotic by Number One Nutrition
General score: 3 ½ /5 stars
Form of presentation: capsules
Serving dimensions: 8mm x 22mm
Recommended dosage: 2 capsules/ day
Packaging content: 60 capsules
Daily cost: $1.33
Viability: through/ at time of manufacturing
CFUs count: 11.5 billion CFUs
Ingredients: 7 distinct strains of probiotics, namely Bacillus subtilis, Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium longum, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus plantarum, and Lactobacillus rhamnosus
Customer satisfaction: guaranteed
Product category: daily usage probiotic
Where to Buy: official website
Advanced Probiotic by Number One Nutrition General review
At 3 ½ stars out of a maximum rating of 5 stars, Advanced Probiotic by Number One Nutrition currently classifies as a moderately above average probiotic supplement owing both to its advantages and drawbacks.
Among its first positive aspects we can include the probiotic formula itself. This is made up of 7 distinct strains of probiotics – more precisely, Bacillus subtilis, Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium longum, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus plantarum, and Lactobacillus rhamnosus – and amounts to 11.5 billion CFUs. In addition, the capsule base is vegetarian, meaning it can be included into a wider range of lifestyle regimes.
So, on the one hand, you have a diverse microorganism composition from two very important probiotic families (Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus), widely used for their fermentative, digestive, and immune boosting properties.
While substantial and diverse, these strains are not too different or too numerous so as to start competing between each other and then leading to unwanted side effects, which is most clearly a bonus point for Advanced Probiotic.
On the other hand, the CFUs count of this dietary enhancer strikes a good balance when considering that the human organism naturally contains anything between 1 billion and 100 billion CFUs on a day-to-day basis.
Consequently, Advanced Probiotic’s 11.5 billion microorganism count is mild enough not to cause a major imbalance inside your gut during the initial stages of usage, yet strong enough to make a positive difference in your bowel motility patterns and overall wellbeing.
Another added bonus is that refrigeration is not mandatory (only optional, to increase the shelf-life of the product), which makes for a more practical supplement.
In terms of composition, there is also the allergen-friendly benefit, since Advanced Probiotic does not explicitly contain any major such substances (although you should be wary of the fact that the supplement is produced in an environment which also processes other products containing milk, soy, nuts, wheat, etc.).
A great detail regarding Advanced Probiotic by Number One Nutrition is the fact that it uses a child lock system for the bottle lid.
Few other similar supplements employ this mechanism, so it is a definite plus for this item in particular – more so in light of the fact that the dietary enhancer in question is not recommended for children under the age of 18 years.
But, at the same time, this age restriction is equally a disadvantage for Advanced Probiotic. Other supplements restrict usage for children under the age of 3 or just children in general, for example, which makes it a bit strange for this relatively mild and strain-friendly dietary enhancer to be prohibited for such an elevated age range.
Another major disadvantage for Advanced Probiotic is its considerably expensive price: at $39.99 for each bottle containing 60 capsules, this supplement will only last you 1 month of continuous administration and cost around $1.33 for each day of utilization.
When compared to the average price of 70 cents for most quality supplements, the recommended 2 capsules per day of Advanced Probiotic encompass almost double this amount and might leave a big hole in your wallet in the long run.
Not to mention that the live microorganism cultures inside the Advanced Probiotic blend are only guaranteed until the time of manufacturing. What does this imply?
In short, the manufacturer guarantee in terms of probiotic viability extends only until the product leaves the production line and does not ensure you are actually ingesting active and wholesome probiotics by the time the product reaches you, the buyer.
All in all, the positive and negative attributes associated with Number One Nutrition Advanced Probiotic combine in a final score of 3 ½ /5 stars and place the supplement at a slightly above average ranking.
While the advantages include a good probiotic selection, satisfactory CFUs count, and child-proof packaging, the drawbacks of the high cost and microorganism guarantee prevent the dietary enhancer from achieving a higher score in the end.
Advanced Probiotic Ingredients list
- Bacillus subtilis – constitutes a highly resistant probiotic organism, which can form a protective endospore (‘shield’) around it during unfriendly conditions (either inside the organism or outside of it). As a result, Bacillus subtilis can form long-lasting colonies that promote intestinal wellbeing by improving food decomposition, bowel motility, and nutrient absorption alike. Moreover, this ‘good’ bacterium can protect the body against pathogen overgrowths (for instance, pathogens that usually affect the gastrointestinal and urinary systems), having been employed in the past as a natural antibiotic. Some recent research has concluded that Bacillus subtilis can even have immunostimulatory properties in terms of tumour cell suppression.
- Bifidobacterium breve – if you want to simultaneously enhance your digestive patterns and boost your immune screening against harmful pathogens like E. coli, then Bifidobacterium breve is the probiotic for you. Its ability to produce lactic acid also implies better lactose tolerance (and less instances of gas, bloating, abdominal discomfort, etc.), while its natural antimicrobial properties actively reduce the occurrence of urinary tract infections and gastric illnesses alike. Additionally, this ‘friendly’ microorganism improves nutrient assimilation at the level of the gut, which – in the long term – generates better weight management and boosted energy.
- Bifidobacterium longum – represents a natural component of the gut which facilitates both nutrient decomposition and assimilation. Its smaller numbers inside the gastrointestinal system do not prevent it from bringing major health benefits such as antimicrobial screening, improved energy readings, and overall more stable moods. Bifidobacterium longum has also shown very promising results in the case of meliorating and treating ulcerative colitis. As a result, external supplementation of this probiotic element becomes essential when trying to achieve optimal digestive and immune levels.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus – is, undoubtedly, one of the most renowned such ‘friendly’ microorganisms, being used both as a starter culture for natural yogurts and an active component in numerous dietary supplements from today’s market. Its name roughly translates as an ‘acid-loving’ bacterium because of its capacity to transform milk sugars into lactic acid. The consequence of this property is highly improved lactose tolerance for sensitive individuals and overall better food digestion in time. Because Lactobacillus acidophilus colonies can withstand temperature and pH variations inside the gastrointestinal system, they can promote normalized digestive and immune functions for longer periods, as well as contribute to mental health stability through fewer instances of mood swings. Among this probiotic’s advantages we can equally include alleviated IBD (irritable bowel disease) symptoms and shorter episodes of antibiotic-induced diarrhea.
- Lactobacillus casei – although a slightly more aggressive probiotic strain in the sense of food scavenging and colony development, Lactobacillus casei represents a helpful instrument in both immune and digestive wellness. Aside from improving lactose intolerance and nutrient absorption, this probiotic can also help in increasing the body’s natural defence mechanisms with regards to pathogens. For example, well-established Lactobacillus casei colonies will actively combat Clostridium difficile and Helicobacter pylori infections, as well as help intestinal microflora recover to normal readings after prolonged usage of antibiotic-based medicine.
- Lactobacillus plantarum – should definitely be your go-to probiotic component when wanting to reduce the occurrence of embarrassing and uncomfortable visceral symptoms such as bloating, gas, stomach cramps, and flatulence. Moreover, Lactobacillus plantarum can ameliorate lactose processing (by creating lactic acid) and minimize instances of soy allergies in sensitive individuals. Immunity screenings also benefit from the presence of this ‘good’ microorganism in light of its effectiveness in combating pathogen infections of multiple kinds. One particularity present in Lactobacillus plantarum is the fact that it is a long-established conventional therapy in the active treating of ulcerative colitis.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus – is most famous for its ability to reduce the duration and even occurrence of peanut allergies (especially in children) and improve the healing time of various atopic eczemas. Add to this the capacity to shorten diarrhea episodes, enhanced weight control over time, and better anxiety management and you will quickly understand why Lactobacillus rhamnosus is such an important probiotic strain in the larger economy of the intestinal microflora. In terms of digestive functionality, Lactobacillus rhamnosus has been shown to reduce abdominal pain, gas, bloating, and irregular bowel movement during IBS flare-ups.
Advanced Probiotic by Number One Nutrition Allergenic potential
At a global level, Advanced Probiotic fares pretty well in terms of allergy concerns. The proprietary blend of 7 distinct probiotic strains is only accompanied by another handful of ingredients in the supplement’s makeup, namely vegetable cellulose, maltodextrin, and medium chain triglycerides.
Nevertheless, you should be careful when administering this dietary enhancer owing to its processing system.
This means that – although the product itself does not contain any major allergens – the facility in which Advanced Probiotic is being manufactured does handle other items which explicitly contain traces of milk, soy, wheat, egg, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, and crustacean shellfish.
As a result, individuals who are highly sensitive or severely allergic to any of the substances mentioned above should be cautious when administering Advanced Probiotic or, better yet, look for an alternative in this area altogether.
As previously mentioned, one bottle containing 60 vegetarian capsules of Advanced Probiotic will cost you approximately $39.99.
And, with 2 capsules as the recommended daily dosage, the total amount you will end up paying for every single day of usage is $1.33.
This is almost double the conventional $0.70 you would pay for a good quality probiotic, which means that Advanced Probiotic clearly qualifies as an expensive dietary supplement in the long run.
There is the possibility of finding this product on sale during certain timeframes – for instance, the official website sometimes advertises the product for just $21.99 – which would definitely be a much more reasonable cost (with $0.73 per daily dosage in this case).
But, if you can’t find Advanced Probiotic on sale, then the investment might not be worth the results when considering there are other similar products at more convenient prices out there.
Advanced Probiotic by NumberOneNutrition Side effects
Since the label explicitly warns against usage by children under the age of 18 years, you might expect Advanced Probiotic to be more potent than other supplements and cause some unwanted side effects during the first few days of utilization.
Luckily enough, you shouldn’t worry about this happening, with the 7 probiotic strains and 11.5 billion CFUs having a mild enough action so as to not induce any instances of visceral discomfort, cramping or bloating otherwise so common when starting a new probiotic treatment.
This is a big bonus for Advanced Probiotic because the lack of side effects always improves the quality of the experience.
Another satisfactory aspect regarding Advanced Probiotic is the manufacturer guarantee that accompanies it. As such, Number One Nutrition offers a 100% money-back policy upon purchasing their supplement. This translates into a ‘no questions asked’ return process in which you can send back the product if you are not satisfied with your experience and receive your investment back in full.
Considering that very few supplement companies offer this kind of extended guarantee, the present feature becomes a very enticing reason to actually try out Advanced Probiotic in the first place.
Either you get introduced to a good dietary enhancer for your own digestive needs or you discover the opposite, yet still get your money back. An overall win-win situation in both cases!
Where to buy Advanced Probiotic by Number One Nutrition?
You can purchase Number One Nutrition Advanced Probiotic through the manufacturer’s official website.
Number One Nutrition Advanced Probiotic – general view
|Category||Number One Nutrition Advanced Probiotic|
|General rating||3 ½ /5 stars|
|Recommended usage||Daily usage probiotic|
|Ingredients||11.5 billion CFUs, 7 distinct strains of probiotics|
|Allergenic potential||Few to none in the probiotic formula; processed in an environment with allergenic potential|
|Cost||$39.99 for 60 capsules (1 month’s worth of administration)|
|Side effects||No noticeable side effects|
|Manufacturer guarantee(s)||100% money-back policy|
|Purchasing||Via the manufacturer’s main website|