Reviewed product: Probium Probiotics Multi Blend 12B
General score: 5/5 stars
Form of presentation: capsules
Serving dimensions: 7mm x 21mm
Recommended dosage: 1 capsule/ day
Packaging content: 60 capsules
Daily cost: $0.60
Viability: through/ at expiration date
CFUs count: 12 billion CFUs
Ingredients: a proprietary blend of 4 distinct probiotics, namely Bifidobacterium bifidum Bb-06, Bifidobacterium lactis Bl-04, Bifidobacterium longum Bl-05, and Lactobacillus acidophilus La-14
Customer satisfaction: not offered
Product category: daily usage probiotic/ specific gastrointestinal issues
Purchasing: via official distributors
Probium Probiotics Multi Blend 12B General Review
At a general level, Probium Probiotics Multi Blend 12B takes the lead with a 5/5 stars review and constitutes one of the best probiotic enhancers you will find on today’s current market.
One of the first impressive aspects about this supplement in particular is the highly allergen-friendly formula on which Probium Probiotics is based.
As the label states, the product is free of otherwise concerning ingredients like eggs, soy, gluten, wheat, dairy, and yeast, which have been shown to cause troubling reactions in sensitive or allergic individuals.
Probium Probiotics Multi Blend 12B is also vegetarian/ vegan, kosher, and non-GMO, aside from containing no salt, sugar, maltodextrin or magnesium stearate.
The explicit lack of artificial flavors or other similar preservatives is definitely a bonus for the supplement because, in this way, it offers you a more organic and natural experience in the quest towards gastrointestinal wellbeing, which is what you should be aiming for, to begin with.
Speaking of formula components, you should also know that Probium Probiotics is based on prebiotics and probiotics alike.
These two are complementary in the sense that prebiotics – like the Sunfiber and fructooligosaccharides or FOS contained by this supplement – act as ‘preparatory’ substances for the arrival of the live colonies by balancing pH and acid levels inside the gut.
Consequently, probiotics such as Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium lactis, Bifidobacterium longum, and Lactobacillus acidophilus can then fixate and thrive within the gastrointestinal system more effectively than in the absence of prebiotics.
That being said, it should be mentioned that the strains themselves are a good addition to Probium Probiotics.
Not only do they cover the most important and researched families of probiotics – namely Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus – but their reduced number also increases their chances of internal adaptation.
Having more strains in the supplement’s formula automatically implies more competition for food and colony predominance, so 4 distinct probiotic types is ideal when wanting to promote active and efficient gastrointestinal health.
In fact, these could actually boost each other’s development over time and lead to more resistant colonies inside the gut under proper conditions (which have been already facilitated by the prebiotic components).
In addition, Probium Probiotics uses a specific formula for the capsules, which allows for a slowed down release of the microorganisms inside the gut.
As a result, the live colonies can settle not only inside the stomach, but also in the small intestine and colon, where they can promote digestive and immune wellness for longer periods of time.
This capsule format is great for your overall health because it ensures the active bacteria work in your favour over an increased intestinal area and for extended periods.
This feature is doubled by the product’s packaging format, with the bottle containing the Probium Probiotics capsules being specifically designed so as to protect the live microorganisms from unwanted conditions such as sunlight, heat, and moisture (which can damage the quality and potency of the bacteria).
Not having to refrigerate this supplement is clearly another bonus because it makes for a more versatile and practical supplement.
Although extremely beneficial to health and digestion, probiotics are equally sensitive to processing and handling conditions, the bottle design for Probium Probiotics hence ensuring that the live colonies remain active until the end of the product’s shelf life.
All in all, Probium Probiotics Multi Blend 12B scores a maximum of 5/5 stars owing to its numerous advantages and next to none drawbacks.
Among the most impressive such qualities we can include its allergen-friendly and vegan appropriate composition, good probiotic strain selection, stable formula, and advanced packaging design.
Probium Probiotics Multi Blend 12B Ingredients List
- Bifidobacterium bifidum – is a member of the Bifidobacterium family which promotes both digestive and immune wellness through resistant colonies found in the small intestine, colon, and vagina. Bifidobacterium bifidum facilitates food decomposition and improves nutrient assimilation within the gut, as well as protecting the gastrointestinal system against diarrhea episodes and E. coli infections. In addition, it can help prevent the overgrowth of various pathogens within the urinary and vaginal system alike. Other remarkable effects of this probiotic include better microflora maintenance within the gut, significantly shortened episodes of the common cold, and an overall detoxification of the body in time.
- Bifidobacterium lactis – is also known as Bifidobacterium animalis and represents a very common occurrence within the probiotic makeup of most mammals (humans included). This particular ‘good’ bacterium exhibits strong fermentative properties, which is why it has been used by dairy companies as a starter culture for numerous products (for example, natural yogurts, cheeses, etc.). Moreover, Bifidobacterium lactis can be effectively used in the management and treatment of ulcerative colitis and in boosting general immune functions. This ‘friendly’ microorganism’s elevated resistance also implies more long-lasting colonies inside the gut, hence ensuring improved digestive motility (through normalized microflora) and fewer occurrences of pathogen infections (such as yeast and fungi overgrowths, for instance).
- Bifidobacterium longum – can be found inside the human gastrointestinal system from the earliest stages of infancy in a proportion of up to 90%. This number slowly decreases as you grow older in age, with supplementation being crucial in maintaining a healthy digestive and pathogen shielding status. The ability to transform milk sugars into lactic acid has made Bifidobacterium longum a useful tool in reducing lactose intolerance in sensitive or allergic individuals, as well as a promoter for overall better digestion in time. The present probiotic also helps with immune control by combating harmful pathogens, meliorating the effects of seasonal allergies, and preventing the formation of various cancers.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus – is incontestably one of the most famous such bacterial strains, having been used for decades by dairy manufacturers – in particular, by natural yogurt producers – as a starter culture and active probiotic component. Its name roughly translates to an ‘acid-loving’ microorganism, which is reflected through its capacity to produce lactic acid and hence improve lactose tolerance. The strong Lactobacillus acidophilus colonies that can be found all throughout the gastrointestinal tract (including the oral cavity) generate improved bowel motility, boosted immunity, balanced moods, and a general sensation of wellbeing once thoroughly established in this environment. Other positive effects of this probiotic include the restoring of intestinal microflora after prolonged antibiotic administration, increased antibody production, and significant anti-inflammatory action over the organism.
- Fructooligosaccharides – constitute natural sweetener alternatives used to replace sugar in certain syrups and sweets, for example. Fructooligosaccharides – or FOS for short – can be extracted from numerous vegetables (garlic, onions, asparagus), fruit (bananas), and cereals (wheat, barley), having a very stable composition and resistance inside the gastrointestinal environment (for instance, pH and temperature variations). When associated with probiotics, FOS act as prebiotic elements in the sense that they regulate gastric and intestinal acidity for the following bacterial colonies to hence settle more effectively there. In addition, FOS also bring their own health benefits through enhanced calcium absorption and increased fibre intake.
- Sunfiber – in short, Sunfiber represents a proprietary formula for fiber extracted from hydrolyzed guar gum. As you might already know, a correct fiber intake is essential for correct bowel motility, nutrient absorption, and weight management. The added bonus is that such fiber also behaves as a prebiotic element within the gut, protecting the intestinal microflora against acid fluctuations and enabling probiotic colonies to develop even under harsher gastric conditions. This also means diminished instances of gut imbalances like diarrhea or constipation episodes. Since it is tasteless, flavorless, odorless, and gluten-free, Sunfiber is ideal for supporting normal digestive functions and, by extension, immunity.
In addition, Probium Probiotics also contains vegetable powder, silicon dioxide, and vegetable cellulose (which enters the composition of the delayed-release capsules).
Probium Probiotics Multi Blend 12B Allergenic Potential
As previously mentioned, Probium Probiotics Multi Blend 12B has an extremely allergen-friendly formula for its capsules, which makes it a highly versatile and lifestyle adaptable.
You will most likely be very pleased with this formula since it does not contain any of the major allergens like eggs, yeast, soy, gluten or dairy.
The list of benefits in this area goes on, with the dietary enhancer being vegan/ vegetarian (free of any sort of animal traces or derivatives), kosher certified, and non-GMO.
To make things even better, there are no preservatives, artificial flavors, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, salt or sugar in Probium Probiotics.
The only other ingredients contained in this supplement – aside from the 4 distinct probiotic strains – are Sunfiber® (partially hydrolyzed guar gum, which acts as a prebiotic), fructooligosaccharides (FOS, which act as a prebiotic), vegetable powder, silicon dioxide, and vegetable cellulose ( used for the delayed-release capsules).
Each bottle of Probium Probiotics contains 60 capsules (2 months’ worth of regular administration) and will cost you $35.95.
The price of one individual serving thus amounts to approximately $0.59, which is below the average $0.70 usually paid for a good quality probiotic on a day-to-day basis.
Needless to say, you can strike a very good bargain with this product, more so since you only have to take 1 capsule daily and have one order (bottle) last you around 2 months.
Add to this the probiotic component and allergen-friendly quality of Probium Probiotics and the cost-quality ratio obviously stands out in a positive manner.
Because you can purchase this supplement through official distributors, there is always the possibility of finding Probium Probiotics at special offers or through various sales options at even lower prices depending on the specific retailer’s most current promotion.
Probium Probiotics Multi Blend 12B Side Effects
As with any new probiotic regime, there is always the issue of stomach discomfort and pain – with Probium Probiotics (unfortunately) being no exception. You should expect some mild visceral uneasiness during the first couple of days of usage, but these side effects should subside in 2-3 days tops.
What causes these unwanted symptoms in the first place? Well, on the one hand, you have the bacterial imbalance caused by the probiotic enhancer inside the gut – even though they might be beneficial in the long-term, these ‘friendly’ microorganisms need to enter your gastrointestinal environment before being able to promote better digestive rhythms and immune shielding, which involves a bit of ‘adapting’ that can result in bloating, gas, stomach aches, etc.
On the other hand, the probiotic potency also plays a big part in the side effects you might be experiencing. For instance, the 12 billion CFUs in Probium Probiotics definitely pack a strong microorganism ‘punch’ in terms of regular administration, so mild side effects should be expected at the beginning.
The only negative aspect you could realistically reproach to Probium Probiotics is its lack of manufacturer guarantee.
This is a common theme among companies aimed at producing and distributing dietary enhancers, one which nonetheless damages the buyers’ confidence in the products on a long-term basis.
It also demonstrates a lack of interest in customer catering from these manufacturers and, ultimately, some degree of ‘distrust’ in their own product’s quality.
Regardless of the motivation behind this marketing choice, it is true that you should not be expecting any sort of manufacturer guarantee from the company directly in the case of this dietary enhancer.
However, you might be luckier with the retailers themselves because some do offer various return policies with their services.
Where Can You Buy Probium Probiotics Multi Blend 12B?
You can buy Probium Probiotics Multi Blend 12B through official distributors.
Probium Probiotics Multi Blend 12B – General View
|Category||Probium Probiotics Multi Blend 12B|
|General rating||5/5 stars|
|Recommended usage||Daily usage probiotic; specific gastrointestinal problems|
|Ingredients||12 billion CFUs, 4 distinct probiotic types|
|Cost||$35.95 for 60 capsules (2 months’ worth of administration)|
|Manufacturer guarantee(s)||Not offered|
|Purchasing||Via official distributors|